- What are online statements?
Online statements enable you to view electronic versions (PDF) of the paper statements you receive in the mail for your personal checking, savings, money market and credit card accounts. You have the freedom to manage your statements as you wish. You can save to your computer hard drive or print your online statements.
- What are the benefits of online statements?
In addition to added security, online statements also offer the following benefits:
- Convenience - no paper, no filing, no problem
- Easy access to statements anytime, anywhere
- Free - there’s no charge for online statements
- Faster delivery than paper statements in the mail
- Access each statement for 13 months
- Download and save your statements on your PC
- Print your statements as you please
- Avoid a fee for obtaining a paper statement
- Will I receive paper statements in the mail after I activate online statements?
You will receive one additional paper statement via the U.S. Postal Service in addition to your first online statement. Beginning with the second statement cycle after activation, you will only receive online statements. Checks and check images normally received with your paper statement will also be discontinued, but can be viewed through your Online Statement.
Note: Check images will also continue to be available in the Account Activity screen through your online banking account. A camera icon is displayed next to the check number to indicate that an image is viewable.
- Will I still receive my statement inserts?
As it becomes necessary, we will notify you of any regulatory statement inserts, important disclosures, notices or agreements via an email message.
- How do I activate online statements?
To get started, you will need:
- S&T checking, savings or money market account
- Enrollment in online banking
- Adobe® Reader® 5.0 or higher
- An active email account
- A web browser that supports 128-bit encryption, cookies and pop-up windows The recommended browser(s) include: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher, Netscape® 6.2 and higher, AOL® 7.0 and higher, AOL for Mac, Firefox 1.0 and higher
Activating Online Statements
For existing online banking customers:
- Sign in to your online banking account*
- Click Statements in the left-hand navigation bar and then choose Enroll
- Follow the instructions on the screen
For customers without online banking:
- You will first need to enroll in online banking
- Go to stbank.com on the left side under Online Banking Personal, click the Sign
Up link to enroll in online banking.
- Enter your enrollment information
- Create your secure User ID and Password and follow the instructions on the
After a successful enrollment is completed, log in to your online banking account with your user ID and password.
- Click on Account Summary in the left navigation bar
- Click Statements
- Follow the instructions on the screen
*If you forget your password, you can access the forgotten password system available online. If you forget your user ID and password, please contact technical support at 888.806.3809.
- Which of my S&T accounts will be enrolled after I complete the online statement consent?
Upon completion all of your accounts will be enrolled for online statements. If you would prefer to receive paper on certain accounts, you will need to remove the check mark from those accounts in your account preferences listing.
- Do I have to enroll in online banking to receive online statements?
- What type of statements are available online?
Online statements are available for all personal checking, savings, money market
and credit card accounts.
- Do I have to pay for online statements?
No. This is a free feature of online banking.
- How is my online statement different from my account activity?
Your online statement is an exact replication of a paper statement. Your account activity displays your daily transactions and gives you balance information through your statement date.
- Can I view my check images within online statements?
Yes. You will notice throughout your statement, that any checks listed will have a hotlink to the image. Simply click on the check number in your statement listing to view the image.
- When will I see my first online statement?
You will receive your online statement in the next cycle following your enrollment in online statements. You will also receive one final paper statement.
- How much sooner will my online statements be available than my paper statements?
You can view online statements approximately one to three days earlier than your paper statements would arrive at your home.
- How will I know my online statement is available to view?
When your online statement is available for viewing, an alert is sent to the email address we have on record. Please make sure that we have your most current email address (see How do I update my email address?).
- Why haven’t I received an email alerting me that my online statement is available to view?
If you haven’t received an email alerting you that your online statement is available, please confirm the following:
- You’ve added the S&T Bank email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list or address book to avoid junk mail filters
- Your email address is correct
You can view the email address on the top of the Accounts Overview page.
- Why am I getting paper statements in the mail?
Verify that you have checked Electronic Statement in the Account Preferences screen of online banking for all accounts for which you want to receive online statements. Next, confirm that your e-mail address is updated within your Online Banking account.
- How do I update my e-mail address?
To change the e-mail address we have on file, view the e-mail address at the top of the Accounts Overview screen. Click the change box to make adjustments.
- Can I receive paper copies of my online statements?
Yes. Simply print a copy of your online statement using your computer’s printer. You can also request paper delivery of an online statement by contacting us at 800.325.2265. You may incur a service charge for the delivery of paper copies of any statements or disclosures provided to you electronically pursuant to your
Online Statement Agreement.
- Can I deactivate online statements and return to paper statements?
Yes. To deactivate online statements, you will need to select Change Statement
Delivery Method under the Customer Service tab.
Paper statements will arrive with the next cycle after deactivation.
- How many months will my online statements be available for viewing?
Starting with your first online statement, you will begin to accumulate a rolling 13-month list.
- Where is the statement back for account reconciliation?
Click the Balance Your Account tab at the top of your online statement to print a reconcilement form.
- What happens if I close an account?
Your online statement remains available during the rolling 13-month period.
- What happens if I open a new account?
If you open a new account, you will need to activate online statements for the
new account within the Account Preferences screen. To do this select Change
Statement Delivery Method under the Customer Service tab.